Khao Soi is a well-known Northern Thai food. The word “Khao Soi” means bringing the flour that has been kneaded and rolled into a sheet. Then use a knife to cut into strips Which the rice in this place is wheat flour with eggs and water
Therefore, if the simplest description of “Khao Soi” is the noodles with curry. But the specialty is more than that Because the curry sauce There will be specific spices that are different from ordinary curries. And the noodles used are suitable for making it especially Which is made into a dry pack, a pack is placed with The side dish of Khao Soi is pickled lettuce and small onion.
If it is a Muslim Khao Soi It will be eaten with Yunnan pickles with chili and sugar. The Chinese are in Islam. Is the original authentic Khao Soi in northern Thailand Including northern Burma Which will have one type of food called “Ohno Kaukshwe” (Ohno Kaukshwe), which means Khao Soi with coconut milk. But in the past, it was Khao Soi in clear water without coconut milk.
- Dry Khao Soi Noodles 300 gram
- Water for boiling the noodles 1 pot
- Vegetable oil 2 Tablespoon
- Beef shank 1 kg
- elite 3 cup
- Coconut milk 3 cup
- Dark Soy Sauce 2 Tablespoon
- Soy sauce 4 Tablespoon
- Palm sugar 2 Spoon
- Chopped scallions ¼ cup
- Coriander ¼ cup
- Khao Soi crispy noodles, small onion, sliced lettuce Stir-fried cayenne pepper with oil and lemon as a side dish
Curry paste ingredients
- Dried chili 8 grain
- Small onion, coarsely chopped ½ cup
- Garlic cloves coarsely chopped 2 Tablespoon
- Coarsely chopped old ginger 1 ½ Tablespoon
- Coarsely chopped turmeric 1 ½ Tablespoon
- Curry powder 1 Tablespoon
- Pepper 1 Teaspoon
- Roasted Coriander Powder 1 Tablespoon
- Chaco seeds (black cardamom) roasted and ground 1 Tablespoon
- Rotten beans 1 Tablespoon
- sea salt 1 ½ Teaspoon
How to do it
- Pour half of the coconut milk into the pot. Raise it over medium heat, then add the beef to simmer, lift it off the stove, cut into pieces, set aside (save the broth for the next soup).
- Roast dried chilies, small onions, garlic and ginger until fragrant, then pound thoroughly with peppers, coriander seeds, chaco seeds, rotten peas, salt, chopped turmeric and curry powder, and set aside.
- Heat the pan over medium heat, add 1 scoop of coconut milk and curry paste in item 2 and fry until fragrant, then scoop the stir-fry into the pot. Followed by coconut milk and remaining coconut milk, boiled water, beef and beef stew until tender, season with black soy sauce, white soy sauce and palm sugar, then turn off the stove.
- Serving Method Boil Khao Soi in boiling water for 4 minutes, then scoop up and let it drain. Mix with a little oil.
- Put the noodles in a serving bowl. Place the boiled beef on top. Pour the curry into it. Sprinkle with spring onion, coriander and crispy fried rice noodle. Served with pickled lettuce, onion, lemon and chili powder tossed in oil